Re: [che-dev] Version of plugin runtime

Hi Thomas, we (IDE2) already working on that with https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13387
Current state: https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13387#issuecomment-525285080

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 12:17 PM <tmader@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks,

recently we've had some problem that stemmed (as I understand it) from a mismatch of the plugin runtime in the sidecar container with the Theia Che editor that was being used. We can have this mismatch because we ship a version of the theia plugin runtime baked into the che plugin sidecar containers. The Main/Ext interface, which sits between the theia front end and the theia plugin host inside the che plugin sidecar container, is not a well-documented, versioned interface. It needs to match exactly and may change at any time.

In my opinion, the best way to ensure this is for the sidecar container to download the plugin host from the theia editor.

My proposal is to take this on as an item in N train by either IDE (2) or Languages teams.

/Thomas