Re: [che-dev] New issues triaged 2019-07-15 (25 new issues)

Having a bot that automatically sets `status/need-triage` as soon as the issue get opened?

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 2:07 AM Nick Boldt <nboldt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Per the new process for triaging incoming issues, I've taken my first crack at the stuff reported over the weekend. Here's the result.

I started as a gist but then realized this was super painful to create:

So instead I'm working on a way to query the GH API for open issues within a timeframe (eg., last 24hrs or last 3 days for the case of a Monday report).

Here's the initial output after my triage efforts to move things into 7.x, 7.1, or 7.0 milestones, and to attach missing labels.

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13853"
  "Mark task/che commands as terminated in the tab"
  "area/che-theia"
  "kind/enhancement"
  "team/ide2"
  "7.x"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13852"
  "Allow to easily grab JWT token from UI (dashboard, theia, etc.)"
  "kind/enhancement"
  "team/ide2"
  "7.x"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13849"
  "Document how to analyse Theia support for a given VS Code extension"
  "area/doc"
  "kind/enhancement"
  "status/info-needed"
  "team/ide2"
  "7.x"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13848"
  "Improve che docs devfile section"
  "area/doc"
  "kind/enhancement"
  "status/analyzing"
  "status/info-needed"
  null

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13847"
  "Platform-2019-08-13 (Sprint: 170)"
  "kind/planning"
  "team/platform"
  null

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13846"
  "Workspace loader does not show that workspace failed to start if it happens too fast"
  "kind/bug"
  "severity/P2"
  "team/ide2"
  "7.x"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13845"
  "IDE-2019-07-23 (Sprint: 169)"
  "kind/planning"
  null

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13844"
  "Failed to start Kubernetes runtime of workspace workspaces112lfo56ngilrgn. Cause: Server 'theia' in container 'theia-ide828' not available"
  "area/che-theia"
  "kind/bug"
  "status/analyzing"
  "status/info-needed"
  null

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13843"
  "dashboard: incorrect handling of Enter button at workspace removing"
  "kind/bug"
  "status/info-needed"
  null

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13842"
  "devfile: Can not start workspace"
  "area/devfile"
  "kind/bug"
  "severity/P1"
  "status/analyzing"
  "team/platform"
  "7.1.0"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13841"
  "[no port available in range [7800 .. 7850]]che-server deploy error"
  "kind/question"
  "status/analyzing"
  "status/info-needed"
  null

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13840"
  "Che is not accessible after being started by chectl on Kubernetes"
  "area/chectl"
  "kind/bug"
  "status/info-needed"
  null

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13838"
  "Pods are not initializing for Che and keycloak kubernetes"
  "severity/P1"
  "status/analyzing"
  "status/info-needed"
  "team/platform"
  "7.1.0"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13837"
  "Need to periodically build `arbitrary-users-patch` images as part of the nightly che-devfile-registry ci job"
  "kind/task"
  "severity/P1"
  "7.0.0"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13836"
  "Have a nice looking page in the default che plugin registry"
  "area/plugin-registry"
  "kind/enhancement"
  "severity/P2"
  "7.x"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13835"
  "Investigate Native-Compiling jdt.ls"
  "area/languages"
  "kind/task"
  "status/analyzing"
  "team/languages"
  "team/pm"
  "7.x"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13834"
  "Persist installed VS Code extensions"
  "area/che-theia"
  "kind/enhancement"
  "severity/P1"
  "status/analyzing"
  "team/ide2"
  "team/pm"
  null

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13828"
  "chectl workspace:start fails for multi-user Che"
  "area/chectl"
  "kind/bug"
  "severity/P1"
  "target/che7GA"
  "7.0.0"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13827"
  "Decouple Java selenium E2E tests from GWT-code"
  "kind/task"
  "severity/P2"
  "status/in-progress"
  "team/che-qe"
  "7.x"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13823"
  "Go sample `permission denied` issues with dependencies"
  "area/devfile-registry"
  "area/languages"
  "severity/blocker"
  "target/che7GA"
  "team/languages"
  "7.0.0"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13821"
  "[Helm] warnings on booting keycloak"
  "kind/bug"
  "status/analyzing"
  null

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13814"
  "Can not create a new pull request from GitHub plugin"
  "area/che-theia"
  "kind/bug"
  "7.1.0"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13813"
  "Improve che-devfile-registry CI"
  "area/devfile-registry"
  "severity/P1"
  "7.0.0"

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13799"
  "Running any task fails after refresh"
  "kind/bug"
  "status/analyzing"
  "team/ide"
  null

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13793"
  "Clarify names of Sample projects"
  "kind/question"
  null

"https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/13792"
  "project-template API missing on Swagger"
  "kind/enhancement"
  "severity/P1"
  "team/platform"
  "7.1.0"

If you've read this far and think it would be useful to have a way to query for open issues to facilitate triage, then report on what's new/changed/needs info/needs analysis (but without the manual process of creating a gist and pasting links/issue titles)... let me know and I'll see what I can do to make this less onerous.

--

Nick Boldt

Principal Software Engineer, RHCSA

Productization Lead :: CodeReady Workspaces

IM: @nickboldt / @nboldt / http://nick.divbyzero.com

“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change” - Heraclitus