[che-dev] Plugin registry changes and incompatibility

Hi all,

I just wanted to send and update out about some plugin registry changes in case someone is facing a strange issue. If you are running the Che 7 beta, we have recently updated the plugin registry with the following change:

***
Plugin eclipse/che-theia/1.0.0 has been renamed eclipse/che-theia/latest
***

This only affects plugins on the 'v3' path (so Che 7.0.0 beta-5.0 and above). If you have a workspace that was created awhile ago that uses the eclipse/che-theia/1.0.0 plugin as an editor, it will fail to launch if you update to a newer version of the registry. To resolve this issue, simply update your workspace to use eclipse/che-theia/latest instead -- it is the same plugin as previously. Most people should be unaffected, since afaik we've been generally preferring the 'next' version over 1.0.0 for awhile now.

The reason this was done is because the previous identifier was inaccurate -- the 1.0.0 version suggests a stable, immutable release of the che-theia, while the actual image referenced by the plugin was eclipse/che-theia:latest.

For more info, see the PR that made the change:

https://github.com/eclipse/che-plugin-registry/pull/143

If you have any questions, feel free to email or ping me on mattermost.

Cheers,

Angel

Back to the top