Re: [che-dev] Devfile in subfolders

+1

Le ven. 11 janv. 2019 à 10:33, Mario <mario.loriedo@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Makes sense to me. That's not a Che 7 priority but if doesn't affect plans go for it.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:49 AM Vitalii Parfonov <vparfono@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nice idea, +1 from my side

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:46 AM Sergii Kabashniuk <skabashn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
I would like to discuss this feature with you.
Now when you provide factory like this http://domain/f?url="">
- fallback to default .devfile

I propose to add an ability to used devfile in a subfolder so the sequence will look like:
- fallback to default .devfile

Why it might be useful:
- a different stack of development in the same project. For instance, in https://github.com/eclipse/che repository we have modules with Java+Maven stack, with NPM/Node, with GO
- Courses, training, exercises. When you have a set of tutorials in a single project and you want to adjust development instruments more granularly.

Thoughts?

--

Sergii Kabashniuk

Principal Software Engineer, DevTools

Red Hat Ukraine

skabashniuk@xxxxxxxxxx

VITALII PARFONOV

PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CHE PROJECT

Red Hat EMEA

Ukraine

M: VPARFONO@xxxxxxxxxx