[che-dev] Che 6.16 Tomcat upgrade & CORS changes

Hi everyone. Here is an update on Tomcat upgrade and CORS changes in Che 6.16.

After Eclipse Che community meeting, we have updated our plans related to Tomcat upgrade and default CORS settings. We decided not to remove CORS filter from WS Master. We will also add some more configuration variables to Configure CORS for WS Agent, so it would as flexible in configuraion, as WS Master.

Here is what CORS settings will look like in Che 6.16 by default:

WS Master:

"cors.support.credentials" - "false"
"cors.allowed.origins" - "*"

WS Agent:

"cors.support.credentials" - true
"cors.allowed.origins" - <domain of ws master, will be provided automatically based on CHE_API variable>

Here is the full list of environment variables that will be available in Che 6.16 for overriding of default configuration for CORS on WS Master and WS Agent.

CHE_CORS_ENABLED = Enabling CORS Filter on WS Master. On by default
CHE_CORS_ALLOWED_ORIGINS = List of allowed origins in requests to WS Master. Default is "*".
CHE_CORS_ALLOW_CREDENTIALS = Allowing requests with credentials to WS Master. Default is "false".

CHE_WSAGENT_CORS_ENABLED = Enabling CORS Filter on WS Agent.
CHE_WSAGENT_CORS_ALLOWED__ORIGINS = List of allowed origins in requests to WS Agent. If not set, or set to "null", value will be evaluated from CHE_API variable at runtime.
CHE_WSAGENT_CORS_ALLOW__CREDENTIALS = Allowing requests with credentials to WS Agent. Default is "true".

--

MYKHAILO KUZNIETSOV

Red Hat

mkuznets@xxxxxxxxxx