Re: [che-dev] Persist Theia plugin data in a Che workspace

On Fri, 2018-12-14 at 16:21 +0200, Sergii Kabashniuk wrote:
> kinds, including sensitive data. For example, Github plugin stores Github token there.

I think if we taking user data seriously you SHOULD NOT store sensitive data on volume unprotected.
How to do that right - I don't know. Probably (Sergii Leshchenko's suggestion)  https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/configuration/secret/   can help us.
To answer you more concrete each use case should be discussed/studied separately.

VSCode puts the storagePath under the user's home directory, so our solution needs to provide the same level of privacy/security as a home directory. To VSCode extensions, the storage space must look like a file system, any other solution will not work. I don't really understand how the link you provided will help vscode plugins store their state information in a file system. Can you explain?

/Thomas

Back to the top