Re: [che-dev] Enhancements in 6.13.0

Hello, Dave.

Next commit is just slight improvement of E2E selenium tests:
Add abstraction for TestWorkspaceInjector.
#11586 by Katka92

Please, ignore it.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 11:21 AM Dave Neary <dneary@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone from EclipseCon Europe!

It's release time again, and I just queries the pull requests tagged
"kind/enhancement" in the 6.13.0 release.

I would like to call out 3-4 areas where we have made a significant user
impact for the 6.13.0 release notes, and I need your help in
understanding the user value of many of these enhancements. This was
very useful to me for the 6.12 release, and I hope it will be again this
time.

Please reply here with a short summary - and also, please tell me if
there are other significant improvements which are *not* in this list
for some reason - it's possible my query did not catch everything
noteworthy.

My high-level impressions reading these are:
* WS.next and IDE.next: Update Theia image, enable remote plug-ins, add
exec plug-in (what does this plug-in do?), improvements related to
running sidecars in workspaces, enable DAP with debug-nodejs in Theia
* Performance enhancement: Enable a config option for image pulling
policy to use local cache by default
* Observability: Improvements to information available in logging (I
think this is what the plugin-broker logging and LogRunnable PRs are about?)

These release notes will also feature the Che presence at EclipseCon Europe.

Thanks,
Dave.

adds pluginrepo for snapshots, sort poms
#11678 by riuvshin

Change Theia broker image to one hosted in wsskeleton repo
#11656 by garagatyi

Add missing java support in Camel stack
#11651 by apupier

Add workspace name and namespace as environment variable
#11623 by skabashnyuk

Add an ability to disable discover-ability of a plugin endpoint
#11617 by skabashnyuk

Add an index in thread names
#11608 by skabashnyuk

Add cause information in LoggedRunnable error
#11602 by skabashnyuk

Add workspaceEnv to plugin, populate it on sidecar resolving
#11596 by garagatyi

[stack] Use of the new theia image
#11593 by benoitf

Add abstraction for TestWorkspaceInjector.
#11586 by Katka92

Added exec plugin to Che 7 stack
#11580 by l0rd

[dockerfile] Update che-theia image
#11573 by benoitf

Define image pulling strategy for sidecars via configuration
#11536 by mshaposhnik

[dockerfile] add 'debug-nodejs' extension to che-theia image
#11531 by evidolob

[dockerfile] Multi staged build of Theia image
#11519 by benoitf

Sidecar container naming using plugin_name + che_container_name
#11465 by mshaposhnik

Update to latest theia image including new remote plugins
#11426 by benoitf

Added publishing of plugin broker logs as runtime logs
#11423 by sleshchenko

--
Dave Neary - Open Source and Standards team
Red Hat - http://community.redhat.com