Re: [che-dev] Workspace.Next

On 27 Nov 2017, at 5:33, Thomas Mäder wrote:

So if I read this right, we'll have a tool that takes in a set of kubernetes config files (for example), a chefile and spits out another set of configuration files for both kubernetes and che?

It will not really create a new file but create the actual workspace. It is not really too different from what we do today. We give embed a docker compose syntax to define our multi-container workspace on a stack and in turn che generates those. I think the main difference is to replace the che specific docker compose with the real environment (kubernetes config) and add a way to identify interesting parts of the configuration on chefile.

/Thomas