[che-dev] Che 6 and Che on OpenShift

Given the needs of some downstream projects, we have seen increased interest in a multi-user, multi-tenant Che. This was part of the Che 6 scope along with a number of other improvements tied to the IDE experience and SPI.

We are investigating what would be involved with an intermediate release of the Che 5 branch to introduce Che on OpenShift for downstream projects that need to have this infrastructure sooner than later. We will need a couple sprints to finish some prototypes to see where we stand, but there are scenarios where we could have something in the market quickly allowing the Che 6 timeline to pursue a less rushed path.

We've updated the Che wiki with this information.

https://github.com/eclipse/che/wiki/Roadmap

We've discussed this with maintainers and committers on the last two weekly community calls and the specifics are in the minutes. The community call is open to anyone - we encourage more to participate. Last week there were 15 attendees!

Tyler Jewell // Dev Products // 978-884-5355

Back to the top