Re: [che-dev] codenvy/che-dev

It's most likely that your jvm is killed (err code 137) because it's using too much memory. Limiting the memory used by the maven build may help

Il 29 lug 2017 8:51 PM, "Andrew McLachlan" <andrew.mclachlan@xxxxxx> ha scritto:

Hi there,

To make things simple, I thought I’d `git clone che` and build it `mvn clean install -P fast` using the Docker image on hub.docker.com

docker run -it --rm --name build-che --network=host -v $HOME/.m2:/home/user/.m2 -v $PWD/che:/home/usr/che-build -w /home/usr/che-build codenvy/che-dev bash

Unfortunately this Docker Image does not build Che:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.8:run (compile) on project che-dashboard-war: An Ant BuildException has occured: exec returned: 137
[ERROR] around Ant part ...<exec failonerror="true" dir="/home/usr/che-build/dashboard" executable="npm">... @ 4:81 in /home/usr/che-build/dashboard/target/antrun/build-main.xml
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

As I understand it, I should not need to do anything special to build Che from within the Docker container, so it could be that the Image isn’t setting things up correctly.

Advice most appreciated. Che builds fine on my Mac outside of a Docker container.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew