Re: [che-dev] Clarifications on what will/will not be open sourced from the Codenvy subsystems as part of Red Hat acquisition

Hi Nick:

1. Fair Source is not open source. Fair source is applied to our binary distribution only.  And the fair source license allows you to look and modify code for your own use, but there is no redistribution of it.  Ie, another vendor is not allowed to take the code. Also, the code itself is currently proprietary licensed.

2. We will EPL all of the source code, but only some subsystems will go into Eclipse Che. Moving into Eclipse Che requires legal and IP checks for provenance performed by the Eclipse Foundation.

3. We have not yet published which subsystems will go into Eclipse Che, as in order to disclose that Red Hat needs to also disclose their corporate strategy.  We have a blog post drafted and ready to go, just finalizing internal approvals so that we can publish.

4. No, we are not talking about maven modules as sub-systems.

Tyler

Tyler Jewell // Dev Products // 978-884-5355