Re: [che-dev] workspace name uniqueness in che 3.x

Are we talking about che 3.x?

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Kuperman, Sergey <sergey.kuperman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you sure workspace name is used in url's ? afaik the urls look as follows :

Http(s)://host/workspace/workspaceID/…

I don’t think name appears in any of them.

Regards,

Sergey

From: che-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:che-dev-bounces@eclipse.org] On Behalf Of Sergii Kabashniuk
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:23 PM
To: che developer discussions <che-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [che-dev] workspace name uniqueness in che 3.x

Hi

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Kuperman, Sergey <sergey.kuperman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I have a question regarding workspace name uniqueness in che 3.x.

In workspaceDao interface getByName(String name) is expected to return a single workspace, which suggests that you expect workspace name to be unique.

That is very fundamental thing. It's come from url handling. When 3.x began we think that

http://host/ws/wsname - shows user workspace with all projects,  http://host/ws/wsname/projeсts - shows individual project

Why is this assumption necessary ? We need to change this behavior.

In the same time we made HUGE work to change this in next version of che. So workspace name is no longer unique. Unique combination is namespace+ workspace name.

If we wrote the necessary changes in the interface would you be interested in contribution ?

It's very complicated core task . I've recommend not to do that.  Consider to switch to next version if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Sergey Kuperman,

DI Cloud Exp DevX | SAP Labs Israel | 15 Hatidhar st. | Raanana 43665, Israel

T +972-(0)9-777-9513