Re: [che-dev] A noob question

Hi Gary:

You might want to post this on the GitHub forum as it will get more of the community to take a look.  This forum is mostly for software engineers that are working on Che or for those that are building plugins.

As for your question - yes, you can run ruby on rails projects.  When you create a workspace, do so with a blank workspace.  You will be given root access into the workspace where you can install ruby on rails, and other tools that you may need.  Just open the terminal and begin doing your work (after you have opened the IDE).

At this time, I don't think we have ruby debugger support, but you can do command line debugging of your projects in the terminal.

We are working to add in gdbserver debugging into the 4.1 release, and this adds visual debugging support for a number of additional languages.

Tyler

Tyler Jewell | CEO | tyler@​codenvy.​com | 9​78​.8​84​.53​55