[che-dev] Hiding system files in VFS

Hi,

Some system files are hidden from the VFS service of Che, e.g. .codenvy/misc.cml. Currently, system-level filtering of virtual files is done through hard-coded checks in VFS projects. This is bad because the actual source of truth for such checks is in layers that are higher than VFS, e.g. project API for misc.xml file.

I made a pull request that introduces a concrete solution. The solution I suggest is defining a new multi-injected interface, VirtualFileSystemPathFilter, that de-couples the VFS service from the checks that hide system files and allows higher levels to define the check in their components, keeping a single source of truth for everything.

Please review:
https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/459
thank you
Tareq Sharafy
Cloud Development Experience | SAP Labs Israel | 15 Hatidhar st, Raanana 43665, Israel
T +972-(0)7-4732-1647 | F +972-(0)9-777-5618

Back to the top