Re: [che-dev] Here it is another version of the Dockerfile with plugins

Hi Tyler,

Sure, it is ok.

I'm an entusistic about elastictiy and understand why it is more of a pro feature. One could be bold and try to implemented but yes it seems to require a very good comprehension of Che ecosystem, which I don't have, along with other components. Multi user would be a great feature.

As a user, having one open source IDE cloud for ubicuity and being able to collaborate in teams would be priceless.

Job:

Thanks for this.  Would you be ok if we added the dockerfile to the plugins docs page?  We are working on a simple way for users to add or remove plugins using an embedded dashboard.  I hope we have something in the product in a month.

As for elasticity and tenancy, these are not possible with Che today.   Codenvy provides a free on prem solution with implementations of tenancy and scalability of Che.

It is possible to extend Che to be tenant and elastic through overriding the various Apis with new service implementations with these behaviors, but doing this extensive implementation is not likely what you meant.

Consequently, Che is a single user system today.  Codenvy is fully elastic fully multi tenant.  Sometime next year we will make a package in the middle on Che which is multi user, single tomcat, non elastic, so Che can be used as a multi user workspace database on a single node.

-Tyler