Re: [che-dev] Profile vs Preference

Hi

The difference between them is that Profile describes user itself (like email, address etc) and Preferences describe User specific properties for Che application (configurations, options).
It is important to separate them as integrating Application to enterprise infra it is logical to use company's user storage (LDAP in most cases) for Profile but Preferences database is provided by Application (Che).

HTH

Gennady Azarenkov - CTO @ codenvy.com