[che-dev] JAX-RS and JAX-WS project creation with Eclipse Che

Hi,

Moving discussion into che-dev mailing list.

Hi Codenvy team,

WSO2 Developer Studio team is planing to ship their second milestone of Eclipse Che based editor with comprehensive support for creating JAX-WS, JAX-RS web services and web applications. Even though Eclipse Che supports for creating web applications, currently Eclipse Che doesn't contain specific project types for creating JAX-RS and JAX-WS web services.

Developer Studio team would like to implement this feature for Eclipse Che based Developer Studio and contribute it to Eclipse Che project. We have completed the initial POC of this feature using "org.apache.cxf.archetype-cxf-jaxws-javafirst" maven archetype. See the attached screenshot(jax-ws.png).

Please give us feedback on this approach(selected maven archetype etc.) so that we can continue.

Thanks,
Viraj.

With regards,
Dmitry