From: cf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ludwig Seitz
Sent: Donnerstag, 31. August 2017 14:38
To: cf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cf-dev] Request for feedback on mixing different DTLS modes

On 2017-08-31 12:23, Kraus Achim (INST/ECS4) wrote:
> Hello Ludwig,
>
> I'm not sure, If I understand, what you want exactly to achieve.

Sorry I've not been clear enough.

I'll try to elaborate on the scenario:

I have a client and a server that are supposed to use DTLS-PSK to secure communications.

The client has the PSK but the server has not. Thus the client first needs to send something (the access token) to the server that contains the PSK.

(Background: A trusted third party (the Authorization Server) encrypts the PSK for the server inside that access token).

Thus I'd need the server to provide a resource that does not require DTLS-PSK (for example one that uses plain CoAP or DTLS-RPK without client authentication) to which the client can POST said access token.

/Ludwig

> Using branch 2.0, the CoapResource has:
>
> 	public void handleRequest(final Exchange exchange)
>
> overriding that you may access
>
> 	exchange.getCurrentRequest().getSenderIdentity()
>
> the senders identity and then check the instanceOf of that identity (e.g. PreSharedKeyIdentity or RawPublicKeyIdentity).
>
> So you could decide based on that identity to either call the "super.handleRequest()" or to response with an error.
>

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
>
>   Achim Kraus
>
> (INST/ECS4)
> Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Stuttgarter Straße 130 | 71332
> Waiblingen | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com
>
> Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung:
> Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn

Ludwig Seitz, PhD
Security Lab, RISE SICS
Phone +46(0)70-349 92 51