[cf-dev] Request for feedback on mixing different DTLS modes

Hello,

I'm trying to achieve a specific functionality which doesn't seem to be supported at the moment, and I'd like some input how to solve this (or why you think it's a bad idea):

I'd like a server where all resources except one are protected with DTLS-PSK, the exception resource could e.g. use DTLS-RPK or plain CoAP.

The reason for this is the work done at IETF in the ACE working group (https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/ace/). In short I need a way for a client that has no prior relationship to a server to submit some data (an access token) that establishes the DTLS-PSK they are going to use (among other things).

Regards,

Ludwig
--
Ludwig Seitz, PhD