Re: [cf-dev] CoAP general: CoAP over TCP and observing

Hi Martin,

Let me first point you to the specification of the wanted behavior:

https://github.com/core-wg/coap-tcp-tls/blob/master/draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls.md#transmission-and-acknowledgements

so instead of RST, the client is intended to either ignore the notify or to close the TCP connection.

(By the way, the californium coap over tcp still needs some work J ).

If you’re interested in the discussion of details of the core RFCs, there is a mailing list

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/threads.html

and a status page

https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/

Sometimes there are also discussion on the github repos (as on https://github.com/core-wg/coap-tcp-tls)

Hope this helps.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Achim Kraus

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH

Communications (INST/ECS4)

Stuttgarter Straße 130

71332 Waiblingen

GERMANY

www.bosch-si.de

www.blog.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B

Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach; Michael Hahn