Re: [cf-dev] ***SPAM*** COAP resource

Hi Rama,

“In a typical use case the the resources needs to be created by client right?”

I’m not sure, why this should be created by a client.

Maybe, we first clarify the terms:

-       a CoAP client is a CoAP peer, which sends requests

-       a CoAP server is a CoAP peer, which receives a request and answers with a response.

In many cases, a device is both, a CoAP client and a CoAP server. With the CoAP server the device exposes its resources. Therefore adding them at the CoAP server (of the device) seems for me to be the typical case.

Or what had you in mind, when you was asking the above question?

“Let us say I have a temperature sensor and the value of the sensor needs to be updated/created  in /<temperature_sensor>/<value>? Who is responsible for creating this resource?”

So the sensor is a “device”, which has a CoAP-Server, where the temperature resources is added.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Achim Kraus

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH

Communications (INST/ESY1)

Stuttgarter Straße 130

71332 Waiblingen

GERMANY

www.bosch-si.de

www.blog.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B

Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach; Michael Hahn