Re: [cf-dev] Simultaneous DTLS device registration performance

Hi all

> This sounds very promising. IMHO the whole Californium stack could be greatly
> improved by following a reactive approach. However, I am also afraid that this
> would entail quite some work (basically a re-write from scratch). I do see a
> chance for leveraging this approach in Scandium, however, in the scope of PSK
> key lookup as well as session state restoration (during abbreviated handshake).

I just want to point out that the published Californium architecture is beyond the widely-known "reactive approach", meaning that we improved on the state of the art by looking at architectures that take more into account than just non-blocking slices of code.

I know that this does not help, if there is no one maintaining this architecture and no one to extend it to also include the Scandium part. So feel free to refactor it to a well-known, maintainable pattern! Just be aware what this means in total...

Best wishes
Matthias