Re: [cf-dev] ProxyHttpServer with SSL support

Hey Karlson,

it's great that you have found the ProxyHttpServer and find it helpful for your
purposes. To be frank, I have no real insight in that component. I am mostly
concerned with the plain CoAP stack implementation. However, my understanding is
that the ProxyHttpServer is built on top of Apache HttpComponents (in particular
HttpCore). That means that you should be able to employ HttpCore's standard
support for TLS/SSL for that matter.

That said, the proxy module has not received much love during the last year so I
guess that a general "overhaul" of the code would be advisable, e.g. updating the
 HttpCore version to the current release or even considering using an
alternative.

Personally, I do not have that much interest in the component but if you would
like to improve it and make it shine again then I would be happy to support you
in doing it :-)

WDYT?
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 148411 B;
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn