[cf-dev] Sharing DTLS session state among multiple nodes

Hi,

some months ago I had started to work on introducing means to Scandium to be
able to share state of an established DTLS session (crypto params) among
multiple nodes.

The idea is to allow for clients being able to resume a DTLS session (using
an abbreviated handshake) with another node than the one the session has been
originally been established with (e.g. after the original node has crashed).

I have added the code to the session_cache branch based on current master
[1]. There also has been a question raised around that topic [2].

I would be interested in getting some feedback whether you think this is a
useful addition and you could put this to work in your environment.

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/californium/tree/session_cache
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/californium/issues/89

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 148411 B;
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn

Back to the top