[cf-dev] Deprecated API

Hi,

it has been some time since we released Californium 1.0 now and I would
like to start tidying up a little as part of our work towards the next
minor/major release. This means that

ALL METHODS AND CLASSES MARKED AS DEPRECATED WILL BE REMOVED

in the next minor/major version of Californium (whichever will come
first). Note that this does not affect bug fix versions of 1.0, i.e.
the 1.0.x branch.

I do not expect many people to actually use any of the deprecated API
because it has been marked as deprecated starting from 1.0 already.
Anyway, please check you code for usage of any deprecated classes or
methods and migrate to the alternatives recommended in the
corresponding JavaDoc.

Please feel free to raise your concerns if you think that there are
compelling reasons for keeping some of the deprecated API. We can then
discuss options and potential alternatives.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 148411 B;
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn

Back to the top