Re: [cf-dev] observation persistence

Julien wrote a wiki page about that : https://github.com/eclipse/leshan/wiki/Cluster .

Le 14/01/2016 17:56, Kai a écrit :
I am not very familiar with the specifics of the state Californium keeps in memory for maintaining observations. However, what you write makes sense to me.
The problem actually goes even deeper if you also consider the state kept by Scandium (DTLS sessions).
My understanding is that we are having this discussion in the context of making leshan (and thus Californium) highly available, i.e. being able to fail over between instances. Maybe we should start to work on that in the context of a set of features adding support for HA on each level of the stack (scandium, californium, leshan) while trying to establish a mechanism that allows for maintaining consistent state across all layers.
I think it is important to address this problem consistently at all layers ...

Kai

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 5:00 PM Simon Bernard <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not so much success with this one :p.

@Matthias, @Kai, what do you think about that ?