[cf-dev] Merging and restructuring of repos

Hi everybody,

after having released Californium 1.0.1 last week we have now merged Californium's core [1], element-connector [2] and scandium [3] GitHub repos into Californium's top level repo [4]. We think that this change will make development a lot easier because we now have everything in the (local) workspace that is needed in order to make sure that changes made to any of those components has no negative side effect on the other components. We also believe that the merge has made the build and release process easier to manage and understand.

As part of the merging process we have also done some restructuring of the modules. We basically got rid of the (now obsolete) intermediate (reactor) module layers for "scandium" and "core". You should be able to easily recognize that in the workspace tree. We also merged all demo applications from "core" and "scandium" into a dedicated "demo-apps" module and factored out the (redundant) demo certificates into a single "demo-certs" module.

Please note that we did not merge the "tools" [5] and actinium [6] repos.

All future development will take place in the "californium" repo [4] only from now on.

DO NOT USE THE OLD REPOS (CALIFORNIUM.CORE, CALIFORNIUM.ELEMENT-CONNECTOR AND CALIFORNIUM.SCANDIUM) ANYMORE!

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/californium.core
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/californium.element-connector
[3] https://github.com/eclipse/californium.scandium
[4] https://github.com/eclipse/californium