Re: [cf-dev] Merging Californium repos

Thank you Kai! In general, this sounds good to me.

> 1) create a "unification" branch in the californium repo
> 2) create "element-connector" folder in californium.element-connector repo
> and "git mv" all content to that new folder
> 3) create "core" folder in californium.core repo and "git mv" all content to
> that new folder

We now don't have this naming conflict anymore, so I would like to call the Californium module folder "californium" instead of simply "core".

> 4) create "scandium" folder in californium.scandium repo and "git mv" all
> content to that new folder

Here we could use the chance to rename "scandium-examples" to "sc-dtls-example" to be consistent with the californium-* library and cf-* project naming.

> 5) create remotes for "element-connector", "core" and "scandium" in
> californium repo and fetch all
> 6) merge "element-connector/master", "core/master" and
> "scandium/master" into "californium/unification" (having moved everything
> to subfolders first should now prevent lots of merge conflicts)
> 6) fix pom files etc and do a test build
> 7) commit & push "californium/unification"
> 8) Have you guys take a look and check if this is what we want
> 9) merge "californium/unification" into "californium/master"
>
> We will end up with three separately originating commit histories (for the
> three modules) flowing into californium/master.
> What do you think?

+1 for the rest.

Ciao
Matthias