Re: [cf-dev] Deploy RC1 to eclipse releases repo

Well, the noRelease file has the same problem. It cannot be used to prevent the Maven "deploy" stage from being executed altogether. It can only be used to prevent a profile from being activated. However, if we use a "release" profile for changing the <distributionManagement> section's repository definition, then preventing the profile from being active in a module, the deploy stage is still executed (e.g. using the standard Maven Deploy plugin) using the original repository location from the parent POM's <distributionManagement> section. This, again, would lead to deploying the same artifacts twice to Eclipse Releases :-(
So, I am afraid the problem remains that we are not able to selectively disable execution of the deploy phase for just some modules in a reactor project. Another option would be to group all modules that should not be deployed at all to one or more separate "Examples" project(s) for which we do not invoke mvn deploy at all ...

Kai