Re: [cf-dev] Release new milestone

> Regarding the "Java 8 build check": what do you mean by that? Running the
> release build on Java 8 instead of Java 7? Or running a build on Java 8 in
> addition as a pre-requisite for the release build (on Java 7)?

I was thinking "in addition," so we do not have to check this manually with multiple JDKs installed locally. On the other side, it only affects Javadoc. I just want to make sure that when someone clones the repos, it does compile correctly. For snapshot versions (or non-release builds), this should be the case anyway. So, it would be "nice to have," but we do not need to make a big effort in case it is more than a simple configuration.

> @Matthias: From my point of view you could now proceed with changing the
> EOL and adding the .gitattributes file to Scandium. I do not intend to make
> any more changes except for bugs we run into during testing RC1.

Just saw Simon's response. I will go ahead with the final changes.

Kai, since you set up the configuration, it would be good to create the RC1 together---I would also take notes for a wiki :)

Ciao
Matthias

Back to the top