Re: [cf-dev] Release new milestone

It's ok for me, we can go for line endings fix :)

Le 13/10/2015 16:15, Hudalla Kai (INST/ESY) a écrit :
I have changed the JDK used in the Scandium build on HIPP to 1.7 which in turn yielded the expected result, i.e. no problems reported.
Regarding the "Java 8 build check": what do you mean by that? Running the release build on Java 8 instead of Java 7? Or running a build on Java 8 in addition as a pre-requisite for the release build (on Java 7)?

@Matthias: From my point of view you could now proceed with changing the EOL and adding the .gitattributes file to Scandium. I do not intend to make any more changes except for bugs we run into during testing RC1.

@Simon: are you working on anything in Scandium or are you ok with Matthias doing the changes?

Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: cf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Kovatsch Matthias
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:38 PM
To: Californium (Cf) developer discussions
Subject: Re: [cf-dev] Release new milestone

In general, it should compile with both, especially for the release.
However, I agree that compilation with Java 7 has precedence because of
the chosen code level, which in turn is based on what we expect in the
field (including mobile and embedded devices).

How about setting the compilation and execution version to Java 7, but
introduce a Java 8 build check for release versions?

Ciao
Matthias