[cf-dev] Parent POM for "static" information (e.g., committers)

Hi all

Kai proposed to extract the redundant information in the sub-project POMs into an Eclipse-project-wide parent POM and applied the changes. Now, however, we have a funny structure and build order, where a sub-directory in "californium" needs to be build first and then the usual process with element-connector, scandium, actual californium again, tools, and actinium.

It would be better to move the parent POM into its own repo. Here, we have two options:

- create a new repo "californium.parent" (+1 Kai)
- rename "californium" to "californium.core" and use the actual parent "californium" for the parent POM (+1 Matthias)

I personally prefer the second option because it will be less confusing. However, it will come with some overhead to reconfigure Hudson and for people to clone the renamed repository...

Thoughts, comments?

Ciao
Matthias

Back to the top