[cf-dev] Shared parent POM

Hi committers,

in preparation of the upcoming 1.0.0 release, I have been thinking about the redundant meta data and plugin configuration we are doing in Californium's individual components' (parent) POM files. I have been wondering whether we should not better use a common parent POM where all this information is kept and then simply inherit all of it in the individual components' POMs.

I think this way we would improve consistency regarding the meta data (SCM, CI, Developers etc) and could also make configuration of the release build process easier by only having to do it in one place.

What do you think?

Regards,
Kai

Back to the top