From: cf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Julien Vermillard
Sent: Freitag, 24. Juli 2015 21:53
To: Californium (Cf) developer discussions <cf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cf-dev] Java 6 support still required?

No objection.
At some point we need to explore how to automatically test the compatibility with Android JVM.

Le mer. 22 juil. 2015 10:36, Hudalla Kai (INST/ESY) <Kai.Hudalla@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi there,

while going though Californium's components I noticed that Californium and Element-Connector both have their Java source and target level set to 1.6 whereas Scandium uses 1.7.

Some time ago I brought up the question whether we should move on to Java 8 and learned that we should stick with Java 7 (for the time being) because we have many users (in particular on embedded devices) who still use, and probably will continue to use, Java 7 for some time ahead. Granted.

However, is it really necessary to keep Californium and Element-Connector at Java 6? I'd rather have only one Java level throughout the whole Californium source code base. In particular because from my point of view we are not doing any compatibility checks with a Java 6 VM anyways ...

Any objections to updating Californium's and Element-Connector's source/target level to 1.7?

Kai