[cf-dev] Version number of the Maven artifacts

Hi,

Still on the topic of Maven artifacts, I wonder if you guys really want to provide a 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT yet. That would essentially mean that you are looking at releasing a 1.0 in the near future, which usually means that you expect to move out of incubation and graduate for your first release. While there is certainly no reason you could not do that, graduating means that you are providing a stable API, that the project has federated a community of users and developers, etc… [1]
Most Eclipse incubator projects have a couple of 0.x releases before graduating.

Let me know if you have questions, and feel free to ping your mentors if you need further clarification!
Benjamin.

Back to the top