Re: [cdt-dev] CMake plugins

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2017-06-07, 11:02 AM, "cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
> Aleksandar Kurtakov" <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
> akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 5:43 PM, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>wrote:
>>> I think it would be good to aim at the December release for official
>>>CMake
>>> support.
>>>
>>> Ideally we need an editor with at least syntax highlighting.
>>
>>Getting only that should be trivial. I have smth similar for Meson
>>(https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/eclipse-meson) and it was
>>more to get the build than actual code - it is plain generic editor
>>with textmate grammar. Replacing the grammar in the meson bundle with
>>cmake one (https://github.com/textmate/cmake.tmbundle) would probably
>>be enough.
>
> That would be a start, but I would really want content assist as well and
> probably hyperlink to follow includes.
>
>>P.S. I made the meson one separate as it's not much and I wanted it
>>out ASAP but if you want to see it in CDT just let me know and I'll
>>start the process.
>
> First I ever ran across meson. The world is truly full of build systems.
> We do get requests for CMake which is why I focused on that. If we have
> community demand for meson, I donĀ¹t see why not.

FYI,
https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/GnomeGoals/MesonPorting - Gnome, Gtk, Glib
http://anholt.livejournal.com/52574.html - X.org
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2017-March/135889.html
- mesa/libdrm

It shapes as autotools replacement from what I see. Anyway, until I
can spend a bit more time to come up with more than editor I'll keep
it separate unless someone requests it in CDT.