Re: [cdt-dev] Get the project instance after creating from templates.

Hi Robin,

I don't know that much about templates but I'll try to help. What are you trying to modify in the project? I think the only way to modify the project is programmatically in a ProcessRunner. But depending on what you're trying to do, there might already be an existing one that does what you want and you can just use it in your template.xml. For example, look at org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.templateengine.processes.SetMBSBooleanOptionValue and there are other ones in the same package. You can also find more of them in org.eclipse.cdt.core.templateengine.process.processes. If there are no ProcessRunner that does what you want, you can create your own class extending ProcessRunner and modify the project as you need. Again, SetMBSBooleanOptionValue should be a good example to start with because it modifies the build information. Also, if you create a new ProcessRunner and you think it could be useful to others, please consider contributing it :)

Another way to modify the project after creation is if you have a custom wizard page, you can specify an "operationClass" to be executed at the end of the wizard. There you can modify the project. For example you can take a look at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.build.crossgcc.SetCrossCommandOperation.

It should also be possible to use a resource listener in your own plug-in (in the Activator?) that modifies the project when it detects it is created but I think this is the least desirable solution.

Hope this helps,
Marc-André