[cdt-dev] Google C++ Testing Framework Eclipse plugin available

Firstly, to the CDT devs, thanks so much for all the effort you've put in to the CDT!!

For my project I use the Google C++ Testing Framework (https://code.google.com/p/googletest/) for automated tests. I found the generation of test classes a bit repetitive so I wrote a plugin for the CDT that extends the New Class Wizard to target the new class towards being a test class. I did google for this, but I didn't find a plugin to do this, so if I've just reinvented the wheel, oh well. I've been wanting to learn how to write an Eclipse plugin for a while now so I finally had an itch to scratch :)

The plugin is licensed under the EPL and can be found on BitBucket at https://bitbucket.org/quasarprogramming/googletestingframeworkgenerator

In the Wiki there's a README with some more detail.

Ideas/patches/pull requests are welcome.

I hope the plugin can help somebody.

Cheers,

Back to the top