[cdt-dev] Making CDT C/C++ parser independent

Hi,
I want to use the CDT parser in a standalone project.
I think that separating the parser code from the GUI, would make the codebase better in general, and would allow CDT to benefit from external contributors to the parser, once the entrance bar for working with the parser is lower.

As a first step, I want to make sure all the parser's tests are running with JUnit alone, and no need for a "real" workspace.

Except, I would like to add more tests to the parser (verify the ASTCompilation unit works on various source files, some containing errors, unrecognized include files, etc).

Is that a desirable objective? Can I start working on that and submit patches?

Thanks,
Elazar Leibovich

Back to the top