Re: [cdt-dev] Not using Gerrit for minor fixes?

I think there are really two choices for committers.

1) If you want people to see your changes, put them on Gerrit and +2 the
change request yourself. Don't use bugzilla anymore. I'd like to use
Gerrit for this since it's much easier to see what changes are in the
queue and what has gone in.

2) Just push the change yourself directly to the main git repo. This is
what most of the committers are doing at the moment. (and I know because I
keep an eye on the cdt-commits list).

Right now, we really only have 5 or so committers regularly committing. I
think it's too much to demand code reviews with this few developers, and
especially since we don't have a lot of overlap in expertise. Reviews are
recommended, and we saw a good exchange between Mikhail and Marc that
resulted from that, so they do have a lot of value. But we need to balance
that with keeping the wheels going. For that, I trust the committers to
use their best judgement there and "do the right thing".

Doug