Re: [cdt-dev] [egit-dev] Pull vs. Rebase

James:

Did you try setting

    branch.<name>.rebase

to 'true' in the repository configuration view (right click repo -> Open Properties View -> Repository configuration)?

I guess you should really lobby for the autosetup rebase config option support so people don't have to remember to set this up correctly.

Best,
Tobias

> On 11 May 2011 21:55, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Currently the pull strategy can be configured when creating a new local branch based on a remote
>> tracking branch in the branch creation dialog mentioned in [1]. If you select the pull strategy "Rebase"
>> pull will do fetch + rebase (local branch onto updated remote tracking branch).
>
> It looks like this option only exists when creating a branch.  I couldn't figure out how to change it for an existing branch (master), or while using the File > Import > Git wizard.
>
> Cheers,
> James
>
>> If you want the default pull strategy to be configurable we could add support for the
>> git config parameter branch.autosetuprebase [2].
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide#Branch_Creation_Dialog
>> [2] http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-config.html

Back to the top