Re: [cdt-dev] Why CDT should switch to Git

Great feedback gang. Keep raising bugs on egit so we can make sure they get resolved.

The other thing we need to consider is timing. We need to both be cautious about disrupting development as well as be firm on a date so we set ourselves a deadline. To help, I’d like to put a stake in the ground. Here we go.

    CDT will move to git at the end of June 2011.

That gives us six months to train in git and to close on workflows around how we do patches and such (i.e. don’t count on Gerrit), and of course, gives us incentive to ensure the bugs we’re raising on egit are fixed in Indigo.

I think that should be sufficient. I’m open to other opinions as always, but sooner or later, we’ll need to put our collective foot down and proceed with this for the good of the community.

Doug