[cdt-dev] BreakpointVMProvider can't handle multipe change notification

Hi,

I am having a problem when breakpoint changed event is fired multiple times quickly, the breakpoint group is collapsed. It looks like BreakpointVMProvider can’t handle multiple change notifications without some kind of delay in between.

To reproduce, start a gdb-dsf debug session and set a line breakpoint. Group the breakpoint by type and than click on the breakpoint checkbox or modify the breakpoint properties. I am not sure how easily it can be reproduced with gdb-dsf environment, but it can be done if you modify BreakpointVMProvider.IBreakpointListener.breakpointChanged to call handleEventInExecThread two times in a loop.

Is this a bug in the DSF BreakpointVMProvider or there is something that I shouldn’t be doing? It looks like there is a race condition between the cached data and the viewer.

Regards,
Patrick

Back to the top