Re: [cdt-dev] [DSF] FinalLaunchSequence extensibility

On 08/07/2010 12:42 PM, Vladimir Prus wrote:

This is only technically correct, in that any other solution will also
require care when modifying the sequence. Suppose there's hash map from
ids to Step instances. Then, if a step is removed in a minor release,
derived classes will break. Likewise, for order changes. So, it suggests
that the sequence of steps is actually part of API for derived classes.

Thanks,

I don't know how the hash map solution is supposed to work. If that's the case then it shouldn't be accepted. I am proposing to have a set of Steps with id defined outside of FinalLaunchSequence to allow clients to write their own FinalLaunchSequences combining predefined steps. I am very skeptical that we can come up with a universal FinalLaunchSequence class for all use cases. Even the current one is already difficult to follow with all the session types, attributes, etc.

Back to the top