Re: [cdt-dev] Update CDT feature/plugin versions for Helios SR1 and Indigo releases

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:07 PM, James Blackburn
<jamesblackburn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 29 June 2010 15:52, Vivian Kong <vivkong@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've made an attempt to update the feature versions based on any plugin
>> version number changes after Helios. I need everyone's help to keep the
>> feature numbers up-to-date so please be sure to update the associated
>> feature version as you update the version number of your plugins. This is
>> done in the feature's feature.xml as well as buildsite.xml in
>> org.eclipse.cdt.releng so our update site is up-to-date as well. You can
>> find the org.eclipse.cdt.releng plugin under org.eclipse.cdt/all in CVS.
>
> Is there any tool which will warn us if we get this wrong and fail to
> increment the minor version number when fixing bugs?
> As I understand it p2 doesn't update features where the version number
> hasn't changed, so it's pretty important to ensure that these get
> correctly incremented.

Actually our build scripts always use the current time for the fourth
digit qualifier. So new builds will always upgrade whether you change
the other version numbers or not. So nothing breaks when you forget to
change which makes it difficult to remember to keep the plug-in and
feature versions moving.

Back to the top