RE: [cdt-dev] Renaming "DSF Disassembly"

Warren, thanks for the testing and bug fix. See below...

At 09:32 AM 2/19/2010, Warren.Paul@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I also see these in the console so they should be cleaned up:

!MESSAGE NLS unused message: Disassembly_GotoSymbolDialog_title in: org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.debug.internal.ui.disassembly.DisassemblyMessages

!MESSAGE NLS unused message: Disassembly_GotoSymbolDialog_label in: org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.debug.internal.ui.disassembly.DisassemblyMessages

!MESSAGE NLS missing message: Disassembly_GotoAddressDialog_error_not_a_number in: org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.debug.internal.ui.disassembly.DisassemblyMessages

I'll clean this up. Don't think it warrants a bugzilla report.

Also some nitpicking on the UI.  The toolbar has goto, refresh, home and show source.  The view menu has find, home, goto and show source.  The context menu has copy, select all, show source, show symbols and prefs.  When you go to the prefs there are 5 different boolean options.  I guess I just find the current organization a bit strange for some reason.

Also, more nitpicking on the prefs.  Shouldn't the address display format be indented under "Show instruction address" and be enabled/disabled accordingly?  Also, no tooltips.  Personal pet peeve of mine.  Most options are very obvious, but not necessarily "Force Radix prefixes".

This is feedback on the view in general (unrelated to the refactoring to support CDI), so I'll yield to Toni.

So at what point do we pull the old view and rename this one?  I guess we also need to move the prefs from under DSF into just CDT.  What else?

Thankfully, the refactored code has gotten a good amount of testing from various people in the last week, so I think we're close. I'll arbitrarily recommend we yank the old view at the end of next week, baring objections.

Given the view is still in DSF, why would we move the prefs out of the DSP plugin?

John

Back to the top