[cdt-dev] Improve Indexer on large project

Hi,

I am working with a large project and find that the eclipse's indexer takes a long time (10 secs or more) to look for auto completion tags.
I do not know what happen to it; probably the algorithm for the indexer is inefficient.  I am not sure if anyone has thought of the following methods
to improve performance on intelli-sense feature:

1.  Use Ctag database - Having the ability to load a ctag database (similar to a feature in Ajunta) and index based on the ctag database only.  I can imagine this is a nice must-have feature because it speeds up eclipse and also making eclipse more valuable.

2.  Path Filter indexer - Having the ability to filter out directory paths that the indexer should not be indexing would also speed things up.

I like eclipse and hope that developers are improving the indexer in any way.  These are my thoughts and hope that they'll consider them.

Thanks,

Toan

Back to the top