Re: [cdt-dev] Adding new MI commands to the gdb/mi interface for integration with CDT

Hi,

Take a look at the packages in the org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core plug-in

org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.command contains the commands and the command set factory (CommandFactory class). I think you have to modify the CommandFactory and add you own command in this package.

There are factories which makes it easy to override existing commands but I don't think it would be useful to you since you'd still have to modify CommandFactory and add a generic MIReplay class doing nothing. If you want to do this then you would do a separate package (like linux, macos and win32) and you would create your own factory extending StandardCommandFactory, create a Replay class extending the generic one (but with useful code this time) and add a commandFactory extension in plugin.xml. You could also create your own plug-in containing your factory and the Replay class and still use the commandFactory extension point.

You would still need to call it somewhere...

I don't know CDI all that much so maybe someone has a better suggestion?

Marc-Andre

Rohit Girme wrote:
Hi,

I have been able to interface gdb with CDT using CDI. Now I want to add a new MI command corresponding to the new CLI command I have added. Then I can use this in Eclipse. But I cannot find any documentation for adding new commands to the gdb/mi interface.

Thanks,
Rohit