Re: [cdt-dev] Adding 6.0.1 in bugzilla versions and future versions question

You can refer to Version_Numbering eclipse guidelines as far as relation of versioning and API.
In short,
- 6.0.X are bug fix releases with no API changes, binary-compatible.
- 6.1.0 is supposed to be a release with non-breaking API changes (API extensions allowed). To ensure that API tooling is used currently.
- 7.0 will introduce API breakage in some areas (most will still be compatible but no guarantee). It will be started after 6.1.0 is completed unless 6.2.0 is started instead. As Doug said, the plans haven't been made yet.

Thanks,
Andrew