[cdt-dev] Modifying toolChain will make all the enumerated type options to be set to the default value.

As I want to modify a toolChain (for example, changing one tool of the toolChain to a new tool), I find that all the enumerated type options are set to the default value.

E.g. After I replaced the GCC C Linker to Cygwin C Linker, I found that the value of Optimization Level option, which I previously set to “Optimaize more (-O2)”, was set to “None (-O0)”. Actually I did not modify the tool GCC C Compiler, but its enumerated options’ value was changed.

As I investigated, the method toolChain.propertyChanged() will be called as modifying the toolChain. And this method will adjust all the options of the toolChain and its child tools. And this adjustment will set all the enumerated type options’ value to the default value which is defined in the plugin.xml.

For example, the Optimization Level option in the plugin.xml of org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui, it has two enablement elements. One makes the option to select the value “gnu.c.optimization.leve.most” as the buildType is “release”. The other one makes the option to select the value “gnu.c.optimization.leve.none” as the buildType is “debug”. When you modify the toolChain, the propertyChanged() will be called. And the value of Optimization Level option will be set to the default value.

I’m not sure whether it is designed to do so. Dose anyone have some ideas about this?

Best Regards,

Yi Zhang

China Runtime Technologies Lab,

SSG/SSD/MRTC, Intel